Kidspiration in the classroom
“Kidspiration: The visual way to understand words, numbers and concepts.”
- from the Inspiration/Kidspiration website.
TWO Ways to use Kidspiration:
- To create new kidspiration activities, choose either Picture or Writing view...
- Picture view is great for mapping, diagraming and webbing activities
- Writing view is great for outlining, summaries, etc. 2. Or choose an activity all ready created...
- On start page - choose the subject area - and then browse through the ready made kidspiration activities
- Create an activity ahead of time and save (go to teacher menu and click “save with activity wizard”)
- Search for already made activities on the internet
10 Possible Uses of Kidspiration:
- . Word Study sorts
- . Venn Diagrams
- . KWL Charts
- . Prewriting for creative writing
- . Outlining Social Studies or Science Content
- . “Begins with...” diagram
- . Illustrate Cycles (Water cycle, rock cycle, life cycles, etc.)
- . Scientific Method
- . Vocabulary review
- . Comparing Activities (living vs. nonliving, big vs. little, etc. )
Kidspiration can be used for most anything, the possibilities are limitless!
Great downloadable Kidspiration activities organized by subject area: