This handout will walk you through the process of registering your ActiVotes and slate in ActivStudio 3.
Before starting the registration process, make sure you are connected to the board, and that you have your votes and a Sharpie pen handy.
1. Open your System Preferences panel and select Promethean at the bottom of the window.
2. Make sure the ActiVote tab is selected at the top of the window and click the REGISTER button.
3. To register each vote, press and hold the orange button in the center of the vote until the light flashes red. Let go and wait a second or two. When the light flashes green, write the number of the vote on the rubber backing. When finished, click DONE.
1. Repeat Step 1 above.
2. Turn the slate on and select the ActivSlate tab at the top of the window and click the REGISTER button.
3. Hold the pen on the orange flame button next to the display panel on the slate. A 3-letter PIN will be displayed on the screen and the display panel on the slate will read PIN:
4. Touch the pen to the letter buttons on the slate in the sequence given. The red background around the PIN will turn green.
5. Select the newly registered slate in the window and click the ACTIVATE button at the bottom of the window.
You are now ready to use your slate.