This handout will walk you through the process of registering ActiVotes and slates in ""ActivInspire"".
The first and most important point to remember is that you must be connected to a Promethean board prior to attempting any registration. Gather all your equipment (votes, and a Sharpie pen) before you start.
1. Launch Inspire and access your browsers.
2. Select the Voting Browser and click the Register Devices button.
3. Select the vote registration button on the panel and follow the on-screen instructions to register your votes. The votes we have at GCPS are now known as "legacy votes".
As you register your votes, write the number on the vote so students can be identified by the vote number when you look at vote responses.
First, make sure you are connected to the board. You will need your slate and an ActivPen.
Repeat steps 1 and 2 above.
3. Select the Slate button in the registration panel and follow the online instructions. Use the letter "buttons" at the top of your slate to enter the PIN. You will be shown a different PIN each time you register a slate.
4. Once the slate is registered, you will see an additional button on the registration panel. Click on that button and click to enable the slate.